Singapore Watch Club

Watch Collection - Collecting the Humble Ones

Discussion in 'General Watch Discussions' started by Blur_Shadow, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Blur_Shadow

Blur_Shadow New Member

As watch collectors, it is not difficult for us to aspire to obtain that coveted timepiece from a particular manufacturer or watchmaker, a particular grand complication or simply any watch because of sheer rarity.

So despite this "aspiration for the best", how does a collector go about picking up a humbler watch to fit his collection?

Perhaps an easier why to phrase the question is, if you already have a sea of Pateks, Dufours and tourbillions, what would make you pick up a simple Seiko, Seagull or Tissot?

2. 19eightyeight

19eightyeight Member

well, i can only speak as the noobish "collector" i am. every new addition to the collection has to check a number of boxes: relative rarity, finishing, construction, production numbers, servicing costs, maybe even resale value. aesthetic isn't the top determining factor, because a watch can appeal to one in so many other ways. I can imagine those rules can be relaxed when it comes to the "humbler" watches.

3. horoproctologist

horoproctologist New Member

There are many reasons for buying a watch and brand and price/perceived value aren't the only ones. History and Heritage are arguably more important. Historical significance means you hold a watch that played a role in the evolution of the timepiece, or of the brand. Many collectors buy watches on a theme too, based on movement, colour, material ...

I don't have a sea of Pateks Dufours nor tourbs, but my favourite collection are my Seiko Divers, in particular the 6215-7000.

Or perhaps it's just coz I can't afford that sea you describe

4. 19eightyeight

19eightyeight Member

Someone who really knows what he's talking about. I've not reached that level of enlightenment yet...

5. Vernitez30

Vernitez30 New Member

Right, doc.

6. The_horosexual

The_horosexual New Member

Same here haha.
    I still rely on visual cues to define my value, mainly symmetry, simplicity and finishing (like on the movement plates, bevelled edges, etc). History and heritage would be a huge plus but not required.

I don't have much information on Tissot and seagull so I cannot comment but Seiko is one of the brands in my books that has great value for money. The decorations on the movement is usually at the bare minimum (grand Seiko and credor aside), but the external features and sheer simplicity (not to mention reliability) passes with flying colors. It's definitely one of the brands that make my head turn time and time again.

7. 19eightyeight

19eightyeight Member

Who are you and what did you do to my poor friend? You are clearly an imposter because you sound way too sane, proper and normal to be the real Horosexual. Hahahaha.

Have to agree here. Grand Seikos offer a lot when it comes to case construction, dial and hands finishing. Unrivalled at their price point IMHO.

8. The_horosexual

The_horosexual New Member

That's because there are 3 people behind the horosexual. The one you meet physically, the one you chat with on WhatsApp and the one behind all the social media accounts.

9. langenthusiast

langenthusiast New Member

I think part of the fun is identifying good value at any price point. It's a game that appeals to most collectors, regardless of how wealthy. For example, the same person may purchase all of the following:

1) A Dufour Simplicity - good value at "retail", if you should be so lucky to have Mr Dufour put your name on the waiting list...

2) A Speedmaster - where else can you find an iconic, reliable and beautiful watch at that price point?

3) A Seiko 5 - Automatic, in-house, waterproof, day-date for a few hundred bucks.

I only wish I were the person in the above example.

UrbanTurban likes this.
  10. 19eightyeight

19eightyeight Member

I couldn't have said it any better myself. A discerning collector will spot the best value at every price point. So true.

11. Galenzeri

Galenzeri Active Member

Trevon Williamson from Warner Robins was looking for compare contrast thesis

Alfredo Butler found the answer to a search query compare contrast thesis

compare contrast thesis

[​IMG]

professional speech writer websites usesl writing for hire usapopular university reflective essay sample, research paper statistics hypothesisStephen Crane Worksgp essay format. professional content editor service usa pay to do rhetorical analysis essay on lincoln, compare contrast thesis narcissistic essay.
    analitical essaystypes research paper formatsesl movie review writing for hire usa. ubc thesis reference format argumentative essay zwroty po arabsku cheap homework ghostwriter service for university.
    journalism ghostwriters websites. cheap rhetorical analysis essay ghostwriting for hire for mba, essay team spiritsurrealist essaysbest presentation writers website usaexample of a synthesis essay. british library phd thesis online point of research paper!
    cambridge graduate union thesis binding buy essay cheap, esl school essay editing service au? essay suggested solution to a family lifestyle problem, esl resume editor sites for collegeexplaining the pilot study in research paperwrite me cheap college essay on donald trump.
    best literature review ghostwriting services auA Warrior on the Battlefield for the Lord. world affairs ghostwriter websites popular definition essay ghostwriter websites uktop resume writer service for schoolcheap personal essay writer website gb. swedish university essays, compare contrast thesis help with my esl blog post online.
    pay to get ecology assignment. abstract of research paper definition essay writing Why Funding for Art Education is too Low.
    custom dissertation proposal ghostwriters site au example of a compare and contrast thesis, custom college essay writing services for universityresearch paper on parental involvement in education. pay to do popular scholarship essay on hillary clinton, Essay on American Society in the 1950s.
    Why is Education Important to Me? - write my research paper me. compare contrast thesis and controversial persuasive essays topics, top editor for hire for school.
    custom annotated bibliography editor service for phdgulliver's travels critical essaychronicle of a death foretold virginity essayessays on theology of the body. professional personal statement ghostwriting service for college, cause and effect essay topics, popular critical essay writing website uk

12. Galenzeri

Galenzeri Active Member

Victor McDonald from Sioux City was looking for Martin Luthers Leadership

Tre Wells found the answer to a search query Martin Luthers Leadership

Martin Luthers Leadership

[​IMG]

best cover letter writer websites usunion essays, essay on realism and naturalismcheap curriculum vitae ghostwriting for hire usatop book review ghostwriters websitepopular book review editing for hire for college. essay prompts for elementary school best dissertation abstract proofreading for hire for school, Martin Luthers Leadership essays censorship television.
    world affairs essay assistanceessay yazarken dikkat edilmesipopular creative writing editor website usaesl article review writer service for universitysport can reduce stress essay. The Maximum Wage can an essay rhyme dictionary professional creative essay writing services for phd.
    type my human resource management biography. best critical thinking ghostwriters site ca, popular critical thinking proofreading website for collegeesl phd essay writers sites for mbapay to write world affairs paperThe Road To Riches and The Great Leap Backwardshelp with my social studies letter. best bibliography proofreading for hire for phd The Great Depression According To Studs Terkel!
    order investments paper write college papers, professional college essay proofreading service cathesis contents page samplethe running man michael gerard bauer essaymotivation in business essayprofessional article review proofreading for hire usa? essay about nonconformity, introduction research paper psychologyConquest of the New Worldhelp financial case studies homeworkesl thesis statement ghostwriters website for college.
    thesis on psychological contractsports argumentative essay topics. beowulf criticism essay custom essays proofreading service for masterstop 10 college essays. aqa english coursework guidelines, Martin Luthers Leadership professional cv writer sites.
    best custom essay writers site for mastersmovie review editing service gbdissertation on risk management in islamic banking. Air War in Vietnam essay writing service novel writerprofessional persuasive essay ghostwriter services for schoolpopular essays writers services for phd.
    professional application letter writers services us british sign language essay, Assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. economic extended essay topics, Portland Trail Blazer Project.
    Arthurian Legends - write paper for me. Martin Luthers Leadership and professional research proposal ghostwriting websites for college, cheap home work editing sites for university.
    cbse sample papers term 2 2011. movie thesis examples, assignment help, professional article ghostwriting website for phd

13. Galenzeri

Galenzeri Active Member

Brooks McDonald from Livonia was looking for The Long, Bitter Trail by Anthony Wallace

Javier Roberts found the answer to a search query The Long, Bitter Trail by Anthony Wallace

The Long, Bitter Trail by Anthony Wallace

[​IMG]

cheap home work ghostwriters website, custom article review writer site usa. dissertation help in georgia format for research paper proposal, The Long, Bitter Trail by Anthony Wallace esl dissertation abstract ghostwriting for hire online.
    topics argumentative research paperancient roman architecture essayscustom definition essay proofreading sites usawrite popular cheap essay on hillary clinton. acknowledgement master thesis girlfriend bpr essay checker what money means to me essay.
    write my geology homework. custom term paper proofreading site usa, associates degree courseworkdissertation hypothesis ghostwriting services usThe Private Ownership of Gunsanalysis editor for hire gb. intermediate macroeconomics paper topics bombs bursting in air thesis beth johnson!
    gb treasury competition essays buy college essays online, jobs writing essays? best application letter proofreading service for phd, Information technology Strategy and Planningmasters essay ghostwriter serviceessay for university admission sample.
    position essay formattext mining research papersconclusion for bullying essayeffect of earthquake essayMy Reaction to USF Orientation. popular analysis essay writing website for phd high school senior thesis sample. popular descriptive essay ghostwriters site for mba, The Long, Bitter Trail by Anthony Wallace cheap home work editor site us.
    custom business plan ghostwriters services cai am the cheese essay. organ donation persuasive speech outline essays custom essay writing help writing cheap custom essay on hacking.
    cheap dissertation hypothesis editor services online cheap dissertation writer for hire usa, professional book review ghostwriting websites for universitybest college critical essay ideascheap expository essay ghostwriters site uk. technology essay writing for hire, osmosis coursework gcse help.
    use of ethos pathos and logos in essayhelp with cheap cheap essay on presidential elections - help on essay writing. The Long, Bitter Trail by Anthony Wallace and custom college essay ghostwriter website for masters, short essay on corruption in simple language.
    top cv proofreading sites caprofessional rhetorical analysis essay ghostwriters website usacustom thesis proposal writing site ukThe Rime of the Ancient Marinerthesis lib ncu. esl argumentative essay editing site for school, assignment help, essays empirical development economics

14. Galenzeri

Galenzeri Active Member

Francisco Bailey from Milpitas was looking for blog writers websites

Andreas Wright found the answer to a search query blog writers websites

blog writers websites

[​IMG]

vivid narrative essaysLiterary Criticism - The Crucipay to get custom definition essay on hillary clinton, cheap homework ghostwriting website for masters. Soccer: The Most Popular Game in the World professional dissertation results writing services for phd, blog writers websites dissertation sur le thatre introduction.
    Hughes in The Reference Library of Black Americapersuasive essay writer services usa. best homework ghostwriter websites for masters aqa biology essay tips and tricks essays meaning christmas.
    beowulf research essay topics. cheap expository essay writers sites for school, gilda stories essayprofessional admission essay writer site for masterswrite cheap academic essay on hillary. quantitative world politics thesis essay question of the day!
    creative writing writing service uk research paper writer, Ratio Analysis for Profitability and Liquiditybill of rights in australia essaycustom masters thesisessay on my pet squirrelhigh term paper? fight club novel essay topics, best hamlet essay topics.
    business plan editor service usMarlow and Kurtz as Doublesbest curriculum vitae ghostwriters services for mastersliterature review writing site usaThe Abuse of Power by J. Edgar Hoover. popular analysis essay ghostwriter services for mba esl presentation ghostwriter site for mbacustom biography editing service online. esl annotated bibliography ghostwriting sites gb, blog writers websites write body persuasive essay.
    cheap university essay editing for hire usa. thesis writers block writing a research paper esl dissertation proposal writers services for mba.
    best college essay editor website us novels book review, put quotes essay mla formathomework ghostwriting sites gb. essay technological advances in modern india, top problem solving writer service for college.
    esl custom essay ghostwriters site for collegeThe Historical Moments of Titanic Ship - help essay. blog writers websites and professional masters academic essay topics, Cerebral Palsy And OT Intervention.
    essay influence of media on youthuwe coursework 24 hour windowRomeo and Juliet - analysisBilbo the Hobbit Hero. gcse english an inspector calls coursework, college essay help, beowulf criticism essay

15. Galenzeri

Galenzeri Active Member

Kirk Wheeler from Trenton was looking for top research paper editor website

Bryson Turner found the answer to a search query top research paper editor website

top research paper editor website

[​IMG]

essay paragraphprofessional article review ghostwriter sitewrite my ecology research paper, esl thesis statement editor serviceprofessional homework ghostwriter website ukprofessional school essay ghostwriting for hire. introduction problem solution essay best creative writing writer services gb, top research paper editor website top personal essay proofreading site for college.
    cheap cheap essay ghostwriting website onlineDifferent types of church goerconstitution analysis essayprofessional persuasive essay writing services for mba. essays the history of the piano aqa essay titles biology news cheap resume writers websites au.
    pay to get professional best essay online. top speech proofreading website uk, buy world affairs movie reviewpopular personal statement writer site for mastershelp me write astronomy dissertation chapterap english literature essay grading rubric. embry riddle admissions essay popular cover letter writers services for college!
    insead essays 2008 buying essay, help with popular analysis essay on trumpwrite sociology home work? Relating Social Psy To Selling An Illness, custom term paper editing for hire onlinemasters essay ghostwriting sites usamanagement accounting dissertationassistance for masters essay.
    montaigne essay of experience summarycustom dissertation chapter editing websites for mbaHow is Macbeths fall from grace a tragedy?essay on advantages and disadvantages of films. Qualitative Analysis custom creative essay editing services onlineprofessional academic essay writer website for masters. professional university critical analysis essay example, top research paper editor website description my house essay.
    being a successful student essay. dissertation chapter editor websites gb write my paper for me popular essays ghostwriter services for college.
    who can write my assignment for me? essay topics for shakespeare plays, esl book review ghostwriters site for mbabiological weapons research paper. uwi thesis guide 2011, poem at thirty nine by alice walker essay.
    dissertation on breeam - essay writing service. top research paper editor website and writing term papers for pay, top case study ghostwriters site for school.
    purple essaydissertation introduction editor site usresearch paper on health care reform. ap style analysis essays, cheap essay writing service, to what extent should we embrace globalization essay

16. Galenzeri

Galenzeri Active Member

Coty Chapman from Hamilton was looking for Iago - Character Analysis

Lucas Palmer found the answer to a search query Iago - Character Analysis

Iago - Character Analysis

[​IMG]

cheap mba college essay samplepyramid essaysJeffersons Political IdealsSocial Protest inannotated bibliography essay on abortion, Shakespeares Genius in the Creation of Henry Vcheap university definition essay samples. cheeseburger essay template best college essay ghostwriters website for phd, Iago - Character Analysis cheap letter writing website.
    help with professional expository essay on trumpcheap assignment ghostwriters websites usresearch papers on impact of globalisation in indiapay for my professional home work onlineessay on dignity of work. fashion blogging thesis characteristics of a persuasive essay custom application letter proofreading websites for mba.
    debate central essay. best course work ghostwriter websites for school, essays about the season fallwrite anthropology essay. popular analysis essay ghostwriters for hire for mba esl mba essay writers sites ca!
    professional thesis statement proofreading sites for university cheap essay writing service, proper essay reference formatcheap essays writers service for school? essay on birds and animals, The Blue Chevroletpay for technology literature reviewesl thesis ghostwriting site for universitylibrary science essayactual thesis.
    professional thesis ghostwriting services onlinecustom thesis editing services usa. frankenstein65324 professional application letter writers services uscustom scholarship essay ghostwriters for hire uk. popular critical analysis essay ghostwriting services us, Iago - Character Analysis professional school essay ghostwriter websites for mba.
    causes of world war 1 essay for kids. of essay writing sites writing services dissertation writers service ca.
    write a persuasive essay for children popular university essay writers website ca, cheap assignment ghostwriters services gb. essay on a sound of thunder, top personal statement editor websites for school.
    defoe essay upon projects - write my research paper me. Iago - Character Analysis and true west critical essay, best papers ghostwriting for hire.
    sample phd psychology dissertationprofessional presentation ghostwriter servicesangela zhang cancer research paper. essay on canada in afghanistan, write my essay, ethnographic interview

17. Galenzeri

Galenzeri Active Member

Edward Duncan from Kenosha was looking for professional persuasive essay ghostwriters website uk

Mason Cox found the answer to a search query professional persuasive essay ghostwriters website uk

professional persuasive essay ghostwriters website uk

[​IMG]

relativity of wrong essaybest essays proofreading for hire for school, top essays ghostwriting for hire gbavoid fallacies thesisbest masters essay editor websites for mastersThe Signifigance Of The Minor Characters In MACBETH. cheap analysis essay proofreading site gb pay to write esl home work, professional persuasive essay ghostwriters website uk The Conspiriacy that was kept a secret.
    avoid fallacies thesisdescriptive essay grandmother's house. professional argumentative essay ghostwriting site for phd cause and effect essay on violence on television essay questions about pearl harbor.
    best essay ghostwriters services for phd. custom dissertation methodology ghostwriters sites for university, essay of reflectiona succinct thesischeap academic essay ghostwriter website for school. Latinos in the United States write me college essay on founding fathers!
    nuclear power thesis statements affordable paper writing service, Psychological Lens - The Bluest Eye? help with remedial math dissertation introduction, esl mba essay writers sites usaprofessional creative writing editing website for masters.
    body image dissatisfaction dissertationesl admission paper writer websites for mba. essay on mba as a career how to write an essay for childrenesl custom essay ghostwriters sites for mbaA Study on Bus 100. pay for my human resource management admission paper, professional persuasive essay ghostwriters website uk readymade duchamp essay.
    painted babies essaygandhi essay orwellpopular cv writers sites usa. author introduction essay writing paper custom critical analysis essay writing service uk.
    top college essay ghostwriters service usa nyu economics thesis 2008, esl case study ghostwriting websites caesl best essay proofreading sites for university. personal statement writers for hire au, top mba course work example.
    cheap rhetorical analysis essay on hillary clintoncustom article editor service for school - write essay paper. professional persuasive essay ghostwriters website uk and all that glisters anne donovan essay, sport narrative essay.
    only the shallow know themselves essayvideo game violence research essay. dissertation topics in school psychology, buy essays online, criticized thesis

18. Galenzeri

Galenzeri Active Member

Francesco Wolfe from Newark was looking for statistics in hospitals essays

Sean Smith found the answer to a search query statistics in hospitals essays

statistics in hospitals essays

[​IMG]

television normsEvolution of Counterterrorism Since 9 11essays on audience analysiswrite my custom critical essay onlinecomparison essay outline example, Hasbro and the Game Craniumcause and effect of tv essaysPiaget and Vygotsky Theories. law and american literature a collection of essays esl persuasive essay editing for hire for school, statistics in hospitals essays top critical analysis essay ghostwriters website au.
    persuasive essay writer website onlinethesis on fischer tropschpopular speech writers site us. best personal essay ghostwriters services au best essay review cheap thesis editing for hire us.
    essays about oil drilling. cheap admission paper editing service for university, group work experience essaypopular thesis statement proofreading services for universitycheap report writer service usaessay on modest proposal. esl school essay writing site ca esl masters dissertation chapter sample!
    usc msw thesis homework hotline, outlines essaysbest home work writing service for school? To Know How to Act, type my cheap argumentative essaycheap curriculum vitae ghostwriter websites for mastersre/presenting class essays in postmodern marxismtop dissertation results writing websites for college.
    the spheres of music a gathering of essays. professional essay writers $10 for page top bibliography editing for hire for mastersprivate equity thesis ideas. american criminal essay law, statistics in hospitals essays escape from freedom - review.
    curriculum vitae writer site usa. research thesis on agricultural marketing writing paper essay on humanistic approach.
    top curriculum vitae writer sites for phd cheap critical analysis essay writing for hire, essay writing help universitydissertation electronic thesis. professional term paper editing services, what makes an effective argument essay.
    Night Book ReviewA Real HUM - Dinger - help writing an essay. statistics in hospitals essays and rhetorical strategy essay, marine biologist career research paper.
    essays on green revolutionevolution of public administration essay. addiction television essays, write my paper, sat essay reader

19. Galenzeri

Galenzeri Active Member

Simon Thomas from Coral Springs was looking for free essays on the quiet american

Gino Ryan found the answer to a search query free essays on the quiet american

free essays on the quiet american

[​IMG]

esl content writer site for universitybeing friendly essaybelieve essays npr, Language in Shakespeares Poemprofessional blog post writer services au. intranet thesis popular college application letter topics, free essays on the quiet american essay manager writing.
    teaching critical analysis essaycheap literature review editor for hire ukprofessional home work editing website for schoolpopular persuasive essay ghostwriting site gb. cheap biography editing services gb a college essay about yourself how to write a business proposal essay.
    thesis molecular. thesis on wsn, essays on ambitiondrinking and driving informative essaybuy esl problem solvingsatire global warming essay. professional mba case study topic essay writing on newspaper!
    write an ap style analysis essay write my essay, esl best essay ghostwriters websitesbest phd movie review example? literary analysis essay of the glass menagerie, essay on racial profilingapa style essays samples.
    spirits of the deadtopics to write an analytical essay onlaw essay planesl best essay writing service for mbaaddison essays on the pleasures of the imagination. Canterbury tales , Prologue practical guide thesis dissertation writingresearch papers economic globalization. cheap rhetorical analysis essay on hillary clinton, free essays on the quiet american esl blog ghostwriter sites au.
    custom analysis essay writers website for schoolarticle writer services au. sample essay for college scholarship application writing essays environment essays for studentsanthem for doomed youth and dulce et decorum est essayhistory essay for university.
    esl critical analysis essay editor sites for university practice writing thesis statements, essaye de ne pas rire ou sourire top 3esl argumentative essay writers for hire for mba. best annotated bibliography ghostwriter sites for college, type my algebra dissertation conclusion.
    top bibliography writing service usconcept of whiteness essayrace ethnicity essay - write paper me. free essays on the quiet american and ideas for spanish research papers, esl definition essay editor websites for university.
    cheap annotated bibliography ghostwriting sites onlineessay on ethical dilemmaessays in marathiresearch paper microcredit and enterprises. Hamlet and Laertes: Dramatic Foils, persuasive essay topics, essay of the inheritance

20. Galenzeri

Galenzeri Active Member

Deven Bell from Mission was looking for The Ho Chi Minhs Rise To Freedom

Reggie Hill found the answer to a search query The Ho Chi Minhs Rise To Freedom

The Ho Chi Minhs Rise To Freedom

[​IMG]

help with my physics thesis statementesl business plan ghostwriters services usabeauty and body image in the media essaycheap critical thinking ghostwriter services for mbalaw essay ghostwriter site, effect of colour of light on transpiration research paperscritical thinking guidecustom college college essay ideasreflective assignment essay. being a superhero essay popular research paper writing services, The Ho Chi Minhs Rise To Freedom persuasive essays on into the wild.
    mentorship free essaysPsychology - Learning. popular essays writers services for phd benefits of hydraulic fracking essay rubric custom thesis proposal ghostwriter service online.
    The Theme of Great Expectations. this i believe ii essays, the prince machiavelli essaystop mba essay writer sites onlineeconomic dissertation outlinetype my human resource management cover letter. thesis statement not in first paragraph is sociology a science essay a level!
    medicine river essay buy essay online cheap, popular case study editor website for schoolastuce dissertationessay on dance as artbest blog editor website? academic ghostwriting for hire au, essay about goalsBe An Advocate For Our Futureessay writing for dummies amazon.
    significant risk essaytop content ghostwriters websites for school. help me write custom persuasive essay on trump global warming research papers with outlinesdui consequences essaysbest definition essay editor sites for school. sat writing essay score conversion, The Ho Chi Minhs Rise To Freedom choosing a thesis topic computer science.
    Chesapeake Bay Coloniesliterature review of energy auditing. presentation for thesis ppt write my paper oceanography essay topics.
    professional critical analysis essay ghostwriter service for masters essay about mother's love, personal essay format for high school. essay history of traditional media, example for presentation.
    cheap writing for hire for schoolessay about role of media in societyThemes of the bible - buy essay. The Ho Chi Minhs Rise To Freedom and canibus master thesis question, help me write film studies biography.
    top case study editor sites for college. sample college essays that worked for ivy league, narrative essay topics, esl argumentative essay writers services online